The Goal Of The International Waterfowl Slam presented by the Ultimate Waterfowlers Challenge is for each IUWC Member to successfully travel to, and harvest a minimum of 3 different waterfowl species from all 5 regions of the world, designated outside of North America.
Each waterfowl hunter who enrolls in the Ultimate Waterfowlers Challenge – International Waterfowl Slam, will register as a new member. This is a Lifetime Membership status. This is a separate enrollment from the Ultimate Waterfowlers Challenge – North American Waterfowl Grand Slam.
Upon registration each member will receive a International Waterfowl Slam start up package including:
- Official IWS Membership Certificate
- Official IWS Hat & T-Shirt
- Official IWS Custom Parka
- Eligibility For The Five IWS Regional Challenge Coins
- $250 UWC International Waterfowl Slam Travel Voucher
- Official IWS Membership Card
- Official IWS Truck Decal
- Official IWS Member Trophy Plaque
Each IUWC Lifetime Member will also receive a profile listed on the IWS website located at UWCInternational.com.
After enrollment each of the International Waterfowl Slam Challenge Coins will be available for purchase upon certified completion of each of the five regions of the world. The IWS magnetic challenge coins are meant to be placed in the appropriate positions on the IWS Trophy Plaque received at enrollment. Once all five regions have been certified the IUWC Member will have successfully completed the International Waterfowl Slam and will receive their International Waterfowl Slam completion certificate.
RULES AND EXPECTED CONDUCT
Each IUWC Member is now considered an Ambassador of the USA when traveling around the world and should reflect the high standard of hunting ethics that we thrive upon in the USA. We will expect that each IUWC Member will showcase the proper morals and ethics of harvesting game, no matter where they are hunting in the world. Be a positive influence to others around the world as to the right way to honor the life of the harvested bird by not wasting the carcass and making sure each bird is used and not wasted. Here are some general guidelines to follow during your journey, along with several specific rules of the IWS Challenge:
- Do not allow any outfitter to intentionally wanton waste the harvested game.
- Do not knowingly harvest any illegal or protected waterfowl species.
- All waterfowl species must be harvested legally and ethically.
- Make a valid attempt for a clean and quick kill and promptly retrieve all wounded game.
- Only waterfowl species that are identified as male are eligible (either sex of any waterfowl species that are unidentifiable by sex are also eligible).
- Multiple birds of the same species are eligible from separate regions of the world.
- Three successfully harvested eligible waterfowl species are needed to certify a region and attain that region’s medallion.
- All waterfowl species submissions must be done within 60 days of harvesting the birds.
- Any participant intentionally trying to cheat the system in any way may be automatically disqualified from the UWC International Division Challenge.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE
After completing the one time, Lifetime Membership registration process, each IUWC Member will be eligible to embark on their journey around the world and will now be eligible to become certified in each region. After each successful hunting expedition to a specific region, (please see the five eligible regions of the world listed in Section 3), the IUWC Member will be able be able to certify that region has been successfully completed by filling out a short form located at: www.UWCInternational.com. The corresponding IWS Challenge coin for that region will then be made available for purchase at that point. In addition, the IUWC Member will be given credit on the UWCInternational.com website for that particular region on their specific member profile.
Once all five regions of the world have been successfully certified by a registered IUWC Member, the member will have completed the International Waterfowl Slam challenge. Once the IUWC Member has completed the International Waterfowl Slam an Official Completion Certificate will then be awarded to The IUWC Member in recognition of this incredible accomplishment.
FIVE CERTIFIED REGIONS OF THE WORLD
There are 5 designated UWC Regions of the world located outside of North America (See map). Each member must successfully harvest and register a minimum of 3 drake / gander waterfowl species from each region of the world. Once all 5 regions have been successfully certified, the IUWC Member will have successfully completed the UWC International Waterfowl Slam.